Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NADA Shepherd Fall/Winter 2010 3D Fashion Experience!


Held at the Scotia Bank Theatre on Richmond St. in Toronto


Pilar and I ready for our 3D Experience!


Nada Shepherd and I


Nada's tights were phenomenal! These are on my "to-buy" list!


Nada in her 3D Glasses


Pilar and I

Last Wednesday, I could hardly wait to attend one of my favourite Canadian designer's F/W 2010 collection screening. Not only because I love her designs but Nada was showcasing something unique in the fashion world - the first 3D Fashion short film. Upon entrance at the Scotia Bank Theatre, we were handed our own pair of 3D glasses for the experience!

The film featured models dressed as "Femme Bots" and battling in a selected Nada design. Nada explained that her inspiration for the film concept came from China and its focus on mass production...imagining if people became more robotic as the future progressed. She stated that the video game format of the film just seemed "natural" and that it was always in her sights to present fashion in a futuristic way.

Somehow she worked on the film and her collection at the same time - talk about Super Woman. I thought the concept and designs were amazing though the film seemed to be lacking that story line "zinger" for me (sorry, I make up words all the time).

Overall, great job and congrats to Nada for embarking on this. Your Fall/Winter line is truly unique...sharp, detailed cuts with a navy, grey, peach and black colour palette.

Oh, how I wish to dress in NADA everyday!

xoxo
Keshy

2 comments:

  1. Yes! It was definitely a great idea for NADA. It was originally started by the big European fashion houses, however NADA put her own spin on it.

    Here is the website for the video if you're interested:
    http://www.nada3d.com/

    Then you can have your own opinion! Thanks for your comment.

    xo
    Kesh

    ReplyDelete